Some are, but there is no specific time. It depends on the post-maintenance. Normal dental implants can be used for about 15 years, and porcelain dental bridges can be used for 10 years. The two abutment teeth will not rot, and the movable dentures can be used at most three to five years, regular inspections are required every year to ensure that the service life is prolonged. As long as the gums do not shrink, dental implants have to be replaced after a few years.
Which dentures have to be replaced every few years?
- Like removable dentures, relatively fixed, no more than 5 years, they are plastic materials, long-term mechanical wear, chewing efficiency is reduced, it is easy to allow food residues to take advantage of, stimulate gum inflammation, or even gum shrinkage, breakage during use, etc. The problem must be fixed in time, and if it is serious, it must be replaced with a new one.
- The fixed denture is installed well, there is no gap between the tooth and the tooth, and there is no gum inflammation. Chewing is not affected. Generally, there is no need to replace it, unless the metal crown is broken, the porcelain tooth is loose, the periodontal swelling and bleeding, and often bad breath, etc. If you have any discomfort, you need to take a film for examination and have to remove the crown for treatment. If the abutment tooth has caries, it can be retained and repaired, and the root of the tooth should be removed.
Is there any way to make dentures last longer?
- There are many pathogenic bacteria residues in removable dentures, which may lead to a higher risk of inflammation. Pay attention to disinfection. You can prepare some cleaning tablets, or add baking soda and water, and put it in sleep, but hot water is not allowed. Some patients think that hot water It can be sterilized, and the dentures become hot and deformed, and they can’t be used.
- It is recommended to brush once after a meal, otherwise there will be a bad mouth smell. In addition, after the dentures are taken off, you can also use kin Gillan mouthwash to eliminate inflammation and bacteria. Avoid chewing over hard foods, including porcelain teeth. In addition, the implants have no teeth. Peripheral membranes should be cleaned and maintained. It will be better to make screw crowns. There is no bone resorption. You only need to change the crowns. You have to find an authoritative implant doctor to do it, and then you can wash your teeth regularly.
Therefore, except for the active dentures, which have a shelf life, other restoration methods have to be replaced without a fixed number of years.
dental lab tools and instruments,materials for producing denture
- Lab Dental Sintered Diamond Burs
- Lab Dental Plaster Arch Former
- Lab Dental Polishing Wheel
- Lab Dental Saw Blade