It is generally not recommended to make porcelain teeth. Unless economic conditions do not allow, and there is no other choice, two adjacent teeth will be ground. Because porcelain teeth do not have a denture root and a single tooth cannot be fixed, only three consecutive crowns will be obtained. It is stable on both sides to restore normal chewing. Unlike dental implants, which have independent roots, of course, don’t be pessimistic. If you grind them properly, they can be used for a long time.
What are the risks of a good tooth being ground?
- This has to pay attention to the technique. If the grinding is deeper, the pulp may be exposed. Normally, one third of the grinding is normal, and it should not be too thin. Otherwise, the adhesive will fall off quickly in the later stage and the porcelain teeth will become loose. There is no discomfort if you wear it well. If you are only slightly sensitive, it will be fine, and you will slowly adapt to recovery. You can also brush kin Gelan anti-allergic toothpaste for desensitization.
- After grinding, it means that you can’t go back to the past. Many patients are worried that they will rot. In fact, they become abutments after grinding. After the crown is covered, it is almost like a vacuum. Any residue cannot enter the crown. In addition, For dental crown restoration, it is recommended to choose all-ceramic materials, so that the gums are not disturbed, and MRI can be performed, and the metal crown may crack.
After the porcelain teeth are installed, the life of the two good teeth will be shortened?
- The enamel of healthy teeth will be removed, and the pulp will not be damaged. Besides, porcelain teeth can also protect the two abutment teeth. The life span is not affected. You can clean and maintain with water and floss, but check it regularly every year. Once, avoid prolonged chewing, the crown and the abutment are not close, the bacteria will grow and the remaining teeth will be damaged.
- There are pros and cons to install porcelain teeth. It doesn’t matter if they are worn down. They can still be used for 10 years after being fixed. There may be no dental implants for eating, but at least there is no problem with chewing after restoration. You see some patients are missing a tooth and have been vacant for many years. , Even the adjacent teeth are tilted, causing occlusal interference, and orthodontic correction is required.
Although the grinding is not worthwhile, on the whole, after the porcelain tooth is installed, the two healthy teeth are fine, and it is more comfortable to use after restoration.
Dental laboratory materials and tools for manufacturing prosthesis
- Dental Lab Models Fabrication Kit
- Dental Lab Polishing Tools
- Dental Lab Porcelain Mixing Watering Plate
- Dental Lab Product Testing Tools