Generally, removable dentures have a lifespan. They need to be replaced after 5 years of normal use. However, some elderly people are reluctant to replace them. After all, they have been used to it for so long. It is actually wrong. If used beyond the lifespan, the gums will shrink and the alveolar bone will be accelerated. If it absorbs, the height of the gums will also decrease. In severe cases, the movable denture cannot be fixed, and it may fall off, so it cannot be worn for a long time.
What are the conditions for the elderly to wear dentures and gum recession?
- For example, if you wear it 24 hours a day, especially when you sleep with your mouth closed, the bacteria are most active. If there is food residue between the dentures and the gums, a large number of bacteria will grow, which will stimulate the gums to inflame and even give off a peculiar smell. If the upper dentures are compressed for a long time, the gums will also swell, and the entire gums will gradually decrease.
- If you want to prevent atrophy, you have to take it off before going to bed, clean it, soak it in clean water, and do regular disinfection, such as putting in a cleaning tablet for sterilization, allowing the gums to rest properly, and don’t wear it for too long, which is conducive to saliva secretion. , To better protect the gums, pay attention to cold water soaking, otherwise hot water will cause deformation, it is recommended to use a soft toothbrush to clean.
What should I do if my gums have receded after wearing removable dentures?
- Due to irreversible gingival recession, the gums will not grow back. If a single tooth is missing, the alveolar bone will be absorbed, and the bone will be filled with bone meal. If the thickness is restored, the denture can also be reinstalled. If possible, planting can be considered. Tooth, but only if there are no other systemic diseases. If multiple teeth are missing, it will be difficult to treat after gum atrophy.
- Oral cleaning can be used to reduce the degree of atrophy, and then to make new dentures. In addition, elderly patients have degeneration and have physiological gum atrophy, but improper use of movable dentures causes pathological atrophy. See a doctor in time. After the inflammation subsides, it can be repaired as much as possible.
Movable dentures can only be worn for about 5 years at most. As long as they are removed before going to bed and cleaned in place, the gums will not shrink.
Dental lab products of tools for denture making
- Dental Lab Brush
- Dental Lab Carving Wax Block
- Dental Lab Handpiece Burs
- Dental Lab Model Trimmer Wheel